Pro-Ject Debut Carbon DC record deck
The best-buy turntable classic with carbon tonearm and DC power supply!
The first Debut turntable, introduced in the late 1990s, was a revolution for the hi-fi industry. For the first time after the arrival of Compact Disc and the assumed demise of vinyl records, an analogue product re-emerged in the “mass market” – something all music lovers could afford.
The new DEBUT Carbon DC has been designed to set new standards in this category for the coming decade – perfectly timed as analogue today is again a respected source, while the demand for good turntables is growing due to the astonishing resurgence of vinyl record sales.
The most obvious improvement of the Debut Carbon is the inclusion of a CARBON TUBE for the tonearm, which increases stiffness and decreases unwanted resonance.
This material normally is extensively used in high-end tonearms, but – because of cost reasons – was never used in products at lower price levels. Together with other improvements like an increase in platter size and weight to realize even smoother rotation, the overall sound quality is greatly improved. The approved belt drive design offers low noise AC motor with effective motor decoupling (utilising TPE-damping) and ultra precision frequency DC-driven AC generator (like Speed Box) for ultimate speed stability without unwanted vibration.
Re discover your cherished vinyl collection with the Pro-Ject Debut Carbon record deck !
Pro-Ject Carbon Debut Key Features:
- 8.6″ one-piece carbon fibre tonearm, adding stiffness and reducing resonance around the pick-up cartridge (rarely found on budget turntables, due to high production costs).
- High-quality counterweight – helping further reduce unwanted resonance.
- Two isolation ‘feet’ made especially by Ortofon A/S, used to decouple the motor from the plinth.
- 12″ platter.
- Junction box installed, allowing for the easy upgrade of turntable interconnects.
- New power supply.
- Factory-fitted Ortofon 2m Red.
- Various gloss-coloured finishes available.
- Lid included
|Speed:||33,45 RPM (Manual Speed Change)|
|Drive Principle:||Belt Drive|
|Platter:||300mm Metal With Felt Mat|
|Main Bearing:||Stainless Steel|
|Wow & Flutter:||+/- 0.10%|
|Speed Drift:||+/- 0.80%|
|Signal to Noise:||– 68dB|
|Pre-Fitted Cartridge:||Ortofon 2M Red|
|Tonearm:||8.6″ Carbon Fibre|
|Effective Arm Length:||218.5mm|
|Effective Arm Mass:||6.0g|
|Included Accessories:||RCA Cable, Lid|
|Dimensions (WxHxD):||415 x 118 x 320mm – Lid Closed|